Thursday, February 19, 2009

Update

19th February 09

Update

I have been away from this blog now for sometime, that is because the new power chair i am making the next attempt on the E2E will not be launched until March

I will be at the Nidex Show, 28th, 29th 30th April in Birmingham on the manufacturers stand with power chair X.

I tried out the chair at Newcastle Airport prior to our meeting last Tuesday and i can assure you that my response was 'This is fabulous' The chair rides well, looks like a posh power chair, but with more speed, lovely suspension, and 100% comfort. There are so many adjustment you can make on it to suite ones personal requirements to enable anyone to feel comfortable. I did ask what it will retail at, i can assure you that the answer i got put this chair in at the bottom of the middle price range so should be available to every one. if you are looking to buy a power chair then my advice would be to hang fire until this power chair has been launched.

I shall be getting my power chair x in the very near future and i will be putting it through it paces in preparation for the E2E. including trying to do at least 30 miles in one day with a battery charge in between. I will report back to you via this blog my finding.

What i can tell you is that my support team is going to be provided by The British Nursing Assocation and at its team head is Alistair Legg from North Tyneside, thanks BNA, and i am getting a lot of support from my local British Legion and Poppy Appeal representatives. Thanks for that guys.

What i can tell you is that planning is well under way and we had our last meeting at Newcastle Airport on the 17th when we made a large step foreard in out planning and that our next meeting will be next month, again on the 17th March.

I can confirm that our chosen charity is going to be split between The Royal British Legion and The Poppy Appeal. We are looking for ex-service men and women to drive the other two power chairs. To qualify, you must be a power chair driver, physical fit enough to do part or the whole of the challenge, we are looking at having one of the chairs manned by a relay team. If you are intested in being part of the team in any capacity, power chair driver, cyclist, driver, general dogs body, then please email mary.laver.e2e@googlemail.com telling me what you wish to do and i will pass your details on.

Lastly, at our last meeting, as i am very keen on supporting organic foods and Fair Trade, i got the team members to taste the difference between organic fruit, veg, cheese and they were all amazed that the orgainc food was much more tasty than the none orgainc food.

Well that is my update.