Monday, April 27, 2009

The Challenge Moves Up A Peg


27 April 2009

The challenge is moving up a peg


This week I have started training in earnest clocking up my first 15k despite some drizzle on my first real roadwork out. My aim is to get to 65k about 40 miles into one day.


For exercise I am pulling very strong rubber bands, not lifting weights, to exercise my left arm, I shall be driving Alex using my left hand. I have to be careful because I have no shoulder joint linings as you all have. I am also having arm and back masarges to get wrid of any nodules


Meeting up with my Faitrade rep. Tomorrow I am meeting up with Stella Carmichael at the Baltic Mill in Newcastle. Stella is the Fairtrade rep for Newcastle. I want to meet up with her to discuss how I can promote Fairtrade on the challenge


Wednesday is the big day. I am off to the Birmingham NIDEX show and the Handicare stand. This is when ‘Alex’ the actual Alex I am doing the E2E, meet up and he is altered to meet my needs perfectly. When the show is over, I hope that very soon, Alex and I will be getting to know each other much better and ‘burn some rubber together.’


From Next week I am going all out to find sponsors, I am just asking for small amounts, so if I coming knocking on your door please remember that I have to raise £7000 just to do the challenge; That is before we cover the cost of paying for my care. If you could donate just a few pounds then please email me and I will send you details on how to do this. mary.laver.e2e@googlemail.com Thank you.


Please also remember to click on the link to donate to my chosen charity.
https://www.bmycharity.com/V2/e2epowerchairchallenge


Now to catch up with Devils Kitchen. I am for the bloke to win.
Cheers