Thursday, April 16, 2009

Feeding the Team





16 April 2009

Feeding the team

One, if not the most important component of this challenge, is feeding of the team. We intend to do this by feeding them with a good quality, well-prepared, nourishing and tasty diet.

The best way we can do this, even if it does cost a few pounds more, is the feed, where possible, with good Organic and Fairtrade produce.

At one of our organising meeting, because I wanted to prove that Organic and Fairtrade tast superior over the rest, I took a sample of organic foods for the team to try. I took along a mixture of and organic and none organic fruit and vegetables, organic and none organic milk. I got them to try organic Fairtrade coffee made with organic milk and organic sugar, I even got them to tast the difference between organic and none organic cheese. They were all surprised at the difference in the tast between the samples and agreed 100% we are going to be a Fairtrade/Organic feed team. I think I have also converted some of them to the organic way of eating.

Because of these finding, I wrote to Fairtrade telling them of the challenge, the fact we are going to be an Fairtrade/Organic challenge. That I have eaten Fairtrade food as far as possible over the years due to Fairtrade polices and organic foods. I asked them if they would they give me the honour of allowing us to use their logo on our promotion materials, tee-shits, vehicles ect. They, as you can see from the panel on the left, have granted us that right. Thank you Fairtrade, I will wear your logo with pride. You can find out more about the work of Fairtrade by visiting their web site http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/ if you wish to learn more about organic foods then please visit http://www.riverfordhomefarm.co.uk/

We will, if possible, be staying at YHAs and campsites that promote organic and Fairtrade produce. If you would like us to stay with you over night, there will be about seven of us in the team; we would gladly take you up on the offer. The route is on this blog or I can email it to you,

If you have any comments on this article then please do use the comments at the bottom of this page, I would love to hear from you.

Now to prepare for this afternoons meeting