Saturday, June 27, 2009

Physically Feeling Sick


27 June 2009

Physically feel sick

Photograph of last years attempt



With only 3 weeks to the off I am now feeling physical sick and have been sick once. As I write this entry, my tum is churning away. I never had a baby but if this is what morning sickness is all about, I can feel empathy with all you moms.

Why am I feeling this nervous I keep asking myself!

For me to get from one end of the country. Lands End to the other end, John O’Groats, due to the extent of my disability, takes many people. There is my team of 7 in all. Without just one of them, this World Record Challenge could collapse like a pack of cards. Not trying to put pressure on you guys!

Then we have Handicare who are giving me Alex and either Ales or my Alber Adventure will be up for sale to offset the costs, some £6000, this challenge is costing £1000 give or take a few £’s.

We then have the RBL Poppy Appeal. They are supporting me where and when they can. They will be at the start with the RBL Standard and Standard Bearer. If you would like to make a donation then please go to my Bmycharity link on the left.

I am promoting Fairtrade and they have been a great help. My local FT rep gave me a FT hamper, thank for that.

Euro cars are providing my second vehicle with a very good discount.

Petal Black Clothing are giving a donation to my expenses and providing some tee shirts.

Jack Adams along with Don Dyer of the Lands End John O’Groats Association has worked to get The Guinness Book of Records to recognise this challenge as a World Record. See link to the left.

Back here at home, my friends and carers are working very hard to make sure that this challenge happens. Emmanuelle is doing all the paperwork. Addie is working on the food side, Eileen is making sure I have everything I need, and Eileen has worked with me for 17 years and was very much involved in my last attempt. Margaret is dealing with the bank and arranging for wages to be paid while I am away. Jacky, new to my team, is out doing 26 ks with me so I can do some serious training; Karen is getting my cloths altered. All of this is on top of feeding, watering and toileting me and doing my sleepovers.

Three of my team, Emmanuelle, Addie and Margaret are taking turns on the actual challenge by doing a week, encase of Emmanuelle, two weeks, out on the road with me. What can I says guys, but thank you.

Without all of the above and the massive fundraising efforts of a lady who likes to be in the background, Jenny Robson and a guy call Gary, some and not so small donations from friends and strangers in Tyne & Wear, then the funds for this challenge would not be in place. With the knock on effect that this challenge will not take place.

When I think off all of the above, then I remember I have forgotten the one person who will be out there on the road with me, Philip my cyclist, then no wonder I have morning and day sickness. Just opening my side gate has to be done by me.

The Campsite and Youth Hostel owners I have spoken to in booking our overnights stay, have been just great to speak to and making sure at this busy time of the year, ‘that we have a place to hang my hat’ you have the list here on the blog.

Put all this together and a once in a lifetime chance of becoming at the age of 62 years a World Record Holder.. Wow. Can life get any better?

To those of you who read my blog, and there are a few of you, you will know that I have a very strong faith. Would you please put me and this challenge onto your pray list and get the word out to other pray groups. Thank you and God Bless.

While my team and I are out on the road, we would love to hear from you and see you supporting us along the route, you can ring me personally and time on Mobile 07975649162. I would love to hear from you.

Well there you have today’s blog entry. Hope it is not too long but it has helped my tum if only for a short time

3 weeks and 4 hours to go!