Monday, August 24, 2009


24 August 2009

Magic Moments


I would like to share with you some magic moments. I hope the team will add to them. They are not in any particular order.

Reaching 100 miles will quite a milestone and every 100 miles after that.

Seeing the sign that said you are leaving Cornwall.

Philip saying stop, turn 45o and seeing before me a view of outstanding beauty and I had missed it due to been blind in my right eye.

Driving in the pouring rain wrapped up warm in my leg bag and waterproof jacket.

Looking at the stars with Yasmine

Feeling so happy that I could burst!

People hooting their horns when they passed I hope as a sign of encouragement.

Been stopped by strangers who wanted to put money in the poppy tin

Been part of a very special team.

Talking to my close friend as I turned down to John oGroats

Lying in my tent with the rain pouring down snuggled up in my sleeping bag.

Crossing the Yorkshire Moors. The views are just stunning.

Listening to Philip tell his little story as we crossed the railway line.

Girly talks with Jenny and Yasmine!

Never knowing where I was going to sleep that night until I got there.

Phone calls from friends.

Addie and Eileen turning up for the last 5 miles, they drove 8 hrs to get there.

Seeing friend Dee, Athure and their two dogs at the finishing line.

Sharing a few words to camera with a friend while sitting looking at a lock.

Emmanuelle leaning out of the van window shouting.

This is just a fraction of the magic moments that none can take away from me or the team who will have their own.

I was told that if I did another 30 miles I should have 1000 miles in the bag. I did not think that was important, spending some quality time with the team was. I have no regrets. Who knows, we may have done a 1000 miles and Graham may be 30 miles out in his calculations.

If we have a world record on our hands that would be the icing on the cake but what is more important is the team, been part of that and being ‘End to Enders.’

You may like to know we raised over £500 for the RBL Poppy Appeal.