Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Using Organic Food

02 September 2009
 Using Organic Food


I am, and have been since I was newly married when I had control over the food that my hubby and I ate, a very strong advocate of Organic Food. Why? Quite simply because it tastes better. I cannot give us any better than organic foods and is good for our planet.

Why anyone would want to eat food that has been feed chemicals to make it grow, whether that me animal, vegetable or fruit, is beyond me.

Look at it this way. You have a lovely organic, chemical free meal in front of you. Would you then take a salt pot containing all the chemicals that are in none organic foods are grown in and sprinkle it on top! I think not! Then why buy food that is none organic?

Okay you can come at me with the argument that none organic food is cheaper, but how cheaper? My organic veg box costs me just under £5 per week. Less than a packet of fags, by the way, I do not smoke... I eat the contents knowing that what I am eating is healthy, the food will taste good, and is not full of harmful chemicals. My meat is also organic. The difference in the price of an organic chicken is about £1.50. I will have to check out other meats.

Due to having Rheumatoid Arthritis, I give my body all the ammunition I can to fight my RA. That does not include drugs. I do not take any drugs, never have done. On the E2E, I only took four Paracetamals and that was because I wrenched my left shoulder, no other reason. I used Rescue Remedy in my water bottle to help fight any stress.

I throw you all a challenge. Try ‘Organic Food’ for a whole week and see if you agree with me about the taste and quality. Do you feel better for it? Send your comments to me and I will put it my blog.
Organic Food is better.

For more details visit  http://www.soilassociation.org/Whatwedo/tabid/58/Default.aspx