Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Training Yesterday


Training Yesterday


15th June 2010



Yesterday 'Alex' and I started training for my next world record, but instead of going around my village her in Newcastle upon Tyne, I took to my local running track. That was quite an eye opener as I soon discovered that i had lost most, if not all of the fitness i had gained on my E2E 2019.


Most, if not all of you, will know that a running track is 400 meters long all the way around. Alex takes 2 mins, we put the stop watch on him. Easy i thought, just do one hours training said me. Body said no. After three laps my arm was aching and i found an excuse to stop...


Today i go back to basics to get fit again. An elastic band on my arm rest of my Balder, this means i can sit in my conservatory, watching the birds on my well stocked bird table, which by the way, as from yesterday, includes a pair, yes a pair, of woodpeckers. Took the advice of Spring-watch and put a log out with large holes bored in and filled with fat. The also like the very long peanut holder. Try and see for yourself. Now where was I? Back to basics. I will now have to get back to training around the village. The orange flag will be on the back of my power chair, my crash hat will be on and I shall be wearing a lime green jacket.


Next years challenge will be the quest time to cover a 1000 miles in a power chair, Where and when i know not, but If you wish to join me, then please send me an email. All i know is it will not be in the UK, possible Europe, Holland seems a good bet. Now back tom my Woodpeckers and strengthening my left arm with the large rubber band.


Speak again soon.


Mary