Saturday, August 23, 2008


I want that Gold Medal feeling

23 August 2008

I have been trying to find the right words to describe the feeling inside I would expect to have when I cross the finishing line at John O’Groats on 28th June 2009, today I think I found them

That feeling and that hunger I feel inside I can only compare with someone winning a gold medal at the Olympic Games.

Non of the athletes that were in the games could have achieved such great highs without the love and support of family and friends behind them; this I have in buckets full, what I do not have is my training and support team similar, but different, to our gold medallists, to win my personal gold medal

My first attempt did not fail because my Alber Adventure failed, no; it failed after the first day because I did not have in place enough people in my support team. None will know if Alber and me would have made it to John O’Groats with a full support team, I only no that we did not make it as things stood at that moment in time.

I am now going to start planning and training for my attempt number two, but without people like you, I will not make it to the starting line. Please help me

My cut off date for attempt number two is midnight Saturday 16th May 2009. If my team of, I hope of four other power chairs, and I do not have in place all the planning and support we needed to successfully complete the E2E we shall have to individually decide if to call off our E2E attempt.

Congratulations to all of the UK GB team, including the non-medal winners.