Saturday, August 23, 2008

Alber Adventure and I went training today.

Alber Adventure and I went training today.

26 August 2008


Today for the first time since failing my first attempt at the E2E, I and Alber went back on to the open road for about 5 miles and it was just fantastic.

The journey we took was from where I live in Newcastle upon Tyne to the Freeman hospital, a distance of approx 5 miles. I did have a PA with me, but as she knew the rote I was taking, so I decide to go on ahead and just pushed the Alber -with my orange flag flying at the rear, - joy stick forward, and enjoyed been back on the open road again

It is strange, but I enjoy being amongst the traffic, watching for traffic lights, bumps in the roads, people coming from between cars, all the things I did as a diver some 21 years ago. The memories of that first wonderful day and only day, when I left Lands End for Parenporth, I hope I got the spelling right, just started to flood back. I got that wonderful sense of freedom I had when out there on the open road, I just wanted to carry on driving, but alas, I had to stop and wait for my PA to catch up, back to reality.

If any of you now reading this blog have are experiencing that wonderful sense of freedom that a good reliable power chair gives you, please share it with my blog readers.