Friday, March 6, 2009

Up date




6th March 09

Update on today




On some days i think that i have not done much to progress this challenge forward, today been one of them. Then i recap what i have done this morning and what we are doing right now. The 'we' being Emmanuel and myself.

This morning i received a email attachent with a paper cutting that was in the Sunday Post from my friend and sponsor, Alister, from the BNA, about a lady, Murial Wilson, who wishes to do the E2E in a motorised scooter. This has been done before. I contact the newspaper and will speak to them again as their reporter who did the article is on leave. I am sure, thanks to all the planning i have done with is challenge and the one before, that I can help Murial a great deal with her planning.

I then looked up on the Internet for a book on independent camp sites. Not all Camping and Caravan Club sites are wheelchair friendly! The book i ordered was the Touris Board one. I have also been again on the Internet to see if there are independent youth hostels and there are. Sadly, but not surprisingly, most do not cater for wheelchair users. They do have a book, so that is now ordered.

One of the great joys i get is ordering my own book Diet for Life off the Internet, which i do quiet often because i tend to give them away. I sometimes feel like the guy in the add for yellow pages, J H Hardly. Ups i am digressing again.

Back to this afternoon.
Emmanuel is now back on the laptop computer, great and useful having two computers, writing the actual route for each day, you know the sort of thing, right at the next round about, cross the next junction. Not an easy task i fear if the syes from behined me are anything to go by.

Tomorrow i am off to Tescos to start costing the foods. One of many visits i fear. There goes another very big sye.

I am now closing this entry but to the observant ones of you, you will notice that the route in map form, is appearing above the posts. Now for spell check. i would be lost without the spell checker.