Monday, May 25, 2009

What a Wonderful Feeling Training Is




25th May




Today i discovered that wonderful feeling you get when you go training.



As a person who has never taken to any sports into my life, i have discovered that wonderful feeling that i have been missing all my years of life, training. Sitting there on my starting blocks ready to do my days training essential to reach my goal.



I have a new route around Forest Hall which is 2 k longs and takes in traffic, traffic lights and lots of pot holes. I had people looking at me as they see me fly past them more than once as i did my circuit. i had one or two that i spoke to and i told them my story of the E2E and they were very impressed and wished me luck.



On my first session i did 5 turns of my new circuit and that was 10 k's taking 1 hr. I then stopped for lunch, went out again and did another 5 circuit and came back for my 10 min break and a wee to discover that my ceiling hoist was not working properly. Back to reality. After calling out Staner Lifts to come and fix the hoist, i was back out again only to get a phone call on my mobile, which have a blue tooth and i wear in my ear, saying they were on their way which meant me returning home after just 4 laps to see if the Staner man had been. I not left my home unattended but in the capable hand of my PA, bit as the Stanner man had not been i stayed and waited for him. His verdict on my lift was i need a new switch. As my time was ticking by fast and i had to be back for my evening meal, and end of my training, i went back out and clocked up 2 more laps.


So today i experienced the excitement of training for my challenge. The knowledge that the more i train the easier driving my power chair becomes. I had shear joy and fun in my heart and lastly, i know in my heart how much this challenge means everything to me. Bottom line being if to do this challenge i had to sell my Alber Adventure power chair as well as Alex to cover any short fall in the cost of this challenge and be left with my Balder and my 4 mph DNSS power chair , I would sell my Alber Adventure. That is how much this challenge means to me.

Speak again soon.
Mary