Monday, June 29, 2009

Dealing With My Nerves


29th June 09


Dealing with my nerves


The best way i am finding of dealing with my nerves, i was bad again this morning, is to get onto my computer and work. There are lots to do.


One place i find help and is also a very good read, comes from my friends on the Cycling Touring Club (CTC) forum. They are a great bunch of Guys and Girls and always willing to give advice and encouragement..


This morning i have just been on the forum and the time is only 0820, but there is lots to read and there are many posts about the E2E on the forum.
This i have just read and found it very encouraging as it is about my chosen route The CTC YHA route. I hope i am not breaking any rules by coping and pasting this


Quote "A friend and I just did the ctc route (we did the hostel route but camped instead).I would have to say it was excellent! However, it was a huge gale of a headwind the day we were supposed to cross Dartmoor so we went around to Oakhampton and took the old A30. Good roads away from the majority of traffic.Definitely worth a quick look, may be not the fastest or most direct, but mostly very quiet empty roads " unquote.


To anyone doing the E2E i would very highly recommend that you join the CTC you will find them a great orgainsation to be in. I am going to ask if they will adaopt me as i am not cycling the E2E but a power chair user but I think you may will have worked that one out by now