Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Vegy Box

1st February 2011

Vegy Box

To those of you who have read my blog way back you will know i am a great advocate of organic veg, see link to Riverford on left.

This evening i recieved in my email box from such a reader who has tried the organic veg from Riverford. This is what she wrote.

Hi Mary,

I just want to thank you for recommending Riverford to me. I received my first veg box with a bag of fruit today and also some eggs. I am so pleased with them as they seem to be extra fresh, not like in the shops. I made a leek and potato soup with blue cheese for tonight, and it was delicious (even if I do say it myself) I will certainly buy from them again, it is well worth it for the bit extra it costs. I have initially ordered for a delivery once a fortnight, but depending on how long it lasts, I may change to once a week. The girl who delivered them asked me how I had heard of Riverford and I told her your name, and she said she knows you. I don't know if you will get a freebie for getting more business for them, but I think you should . There is some beetroot in the box, not something I usually buy, so I am wondering if you have any nice recipes for beetroot. I can only think to boil it and have it plain. Have you tried juicing it, I wonder if it is meant to be juiced raw, or should it be cooked first?